Naturally Healthy Together
Nature For Health (NFH) works on improving the quality of life and the living environment by connecting health and nature.
After more than 5 years of existence, NFH moved from the pioneer phase to the next phase in its life and prioritize (further) professionalization, while keeping the passion and positive energy that led to the establishment of the organisation. To that effect, the NFH Business Plan 2019 – 2022 (recently extended to 2023) was developed, discussed and adopted. Ten strategic priorities will guide the NFH operations in the coming years.
In the period 2019 – 2022 NFH operates mainly in the following fields:
- Joining minds for nature & health, contributing to social innovation and “surprising encounters’ (relevant for all geographical scales – from local to international);
- Inspiring interface for dialogues and exchanges between science, policy, business & practitioners and volunteers, and local, regional, national and international initiatives on “nature for health”, allowing them to establish or improve communication and interaction; places of positive energy and social innovation;
- Communities of practise and landing grounds for new local social innovation-initiatives and new multidisciplinary research on nature for health.
The four substance priority NFH themes for 2019-2022 are:
- Healing & soothing environments for:
> Dementia & green
> Stress & green
> Oncology & green
> Mental health disorders & green
- Healing landscapes & public green
- Grey & youth for green & health
- Health, nature & climate change
NFH focuses more on its community function: The NFH community is a place of positive energy and social innovation, where ideas and expertise are exchanged and developed about initiatives that work in practise and that could inspire other initiatives to bloom and grow.
In 2019 a new institutional structure was set in place, allowing NFH to implement its mission and business plan in the most effective and transparent way. By the end of 2019, NFH was granted an official “good cause” (ANBI) status by the Dutch tax authority, reinforcing our focus on public interests.
NFH represents an open community, and welcomes feedback in any form. We are open for change, because we want to be an agent of change ourselves. Nature never stays the same, nor do our lives, or societies. We enjoy meeting new people, sharing new visions and ideas, and entering into new journeys.
We love life.
We love people & nature to be ‘naturally healthy together’.
Do you want to learn more about what we do and what we prioritise? Click here for the English NFH leaflet. And you will find here our Sustainability Policy. Please click here for the full version of the NFH business plan, or contact us via email@example.com